You should probably take a look at Request Tracker http://www.bestpractical.com

It's open source, (perl - YAY!) and probably does exactly what you're
looking for.  You can setup queues that certain people, or groups of
people are responsible for certain issues.  It's a web-based ticket
system that works great for things like support emails, trouble tickets,
etc.  It also has a very powerful search functionality that will allow
you to find and review previous tickets that might have some relevance.
It's all based off a web-based frontend that allows users to manage
their workload and track what issues are currently on their plate for
resolution.  It's quite flexible, and can be customized to meet your needs.

Hope this helps.

-Russell