I believe these are likely being sent to the entire available @msu.edu list.
Most likely harvested with a  script from the people search function.

In the header the wording of the X-AntiAbuse block and the fact that it uses
Exim leads me to beleive it was sent via a webmail client or web form from a
cPanel web server.

A whois on the domain dreamdorks.com reveals ...
 Administrative Contact:
      Gottlieb, Ryan  [log in to unmask]
      Dream Dorks INC.
      5511 Hampshire
      West Bloomfield, Michigan 48322
      United States
      2487605183      Fax --

I'm not sure if he is loosely affiliated with MSU, but he doesn't come up
from a people search.  Although he is in West Bloomfield so chances are
somewhat good that he is.

--
Bryan Murphy
GuardianLogic, Inc. | http://guardianlogic.com