To all interested parties:

Our test of the campus border Intrusion Detection and Prevention system
today has been successful.  The decision has been made to continue the
test through Friday and the holiday weekend, and possibly beyond that.

Since enabling the IDP this morning, the system has blocked over 5,500
"critical" network events, and over 50,000 "major" network events.  To
the best of our knowledge, all of these are events that we would all
want to block, and we are confident that there would be few, if any,
false positives in these groups.

Doug

--

Doug Nelson, Network Manager             |  [log in to unmask]
Academic Computing and Network Services  |  Ph: (517) 353-2980