1. Do people have any good strategies for cheap wireless while
traveling?  I suggest to people that they look for hotels with free
wireless and visit Panera's, Beaners etc.   Any other good sources?
And I was wondering if there might be a similar service to the Merit
800 for nationwide wireless access. (I saw an ad from Toshiba offering
this)  Would it be a good idea for Merit/MSU to get into a system like
that?

2. One of our retired profs lives in East Lansing. They have been using
dialup, I finally recommended that they get broadband. Should I suggest
they get ACD ($20/mo for 6 months, then $50/mo) or SBC for $20/mo.  Or
something else - they do have cable tv, so a cable modem is an option.
I know ACD gives them an MSU IP, but I don't know how important that is
anymore (is it worth $180/year?).

Thanks for your advice.
-John