At 03:46 PM 4/11/2005, Richard Wiggins wrote:
>How often do you experience one minute transaction times?  What times of day?

The last few times I have checked for new mail in my In box this afternoon, it has taken over five minutes.

The delays have not been that bad prior to today.  We also can't say that we have noticed a pattern based on time of day.  Sometimes it's hard to tell how long the delay is because, for example, when I delete a message Eudora may remove the message from the screen within ten or fifteen seconds (when it used to be almost instantaneous), but it hasn't really finished moving it to the trash, a process which continues for some period afterward.  If I try to do another operation, such as opening another message, during that period, I sit and wait for it to be carried out but sometimes Eudora doesn't perform that next operation at all and I have to try it again.

>   I don't do a a lot of IMAP, but when I do, performance varies, but I don't think I've seen delays that long.

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017