Yet another printer follow up.

This whole crusade had started out with a HP Laserjet 1200 which isn't
that old (but old enough to be out of warranty) which has a torn drum of
some kind in the back.  HP offered a trade in (these were bought before
my time).  On a batch of six HP Laserjet 1300 we bought last year, every
one of the toners included with the printers have started ghosting after
a small amount of pages.  HP was nice enough to ship us out
replacements, but this time, the guy on the phone sounded a little
suspicious.  I can't say I blame him, as it sounds like we are pumping
HP for free cartridges, but I have always included a print sample, and a
new toner fixes the problem.  I think it's a bad run of toner cartridges
(which includes drums).  HP didn't want to send me new toners, and he
basically admitted to me that 'we have a small amount of printers that
exhibit this problem', however he blamed power problems for our problem
(low or high voltage).  I'm not happy.  I told him that we buy a lot of
equipment, and would think twice before going HP again, he didn't seem
too impressed.  He advised me to try moving the printers to a different
room and calling back.  No thanks.  As an aside, he noticed the open
ticket on the HP1200, I told him that we were going to replace it.  In
retrospect, I should of told him what we replaced it with.

On the bright side, I did order a Dell 1700 last week (to replace the HP
1200) for a great price (even with 3 year warranty), so hopefully things
work out with that.

With the 1100 disaster, 5L and 6L, they don't have a great track
record.  Too bad they went downhill.  Older HP stuff was great.

PM