On 12 Jan 2005 at 10:58, Scott Douglas Foreman wrote:

> We are having problems with our Netware 6sp4 Server abending (suddenly). The
> server has been up and running for months without changes but seems to abend
> randomly. After further inspection the abend.log pointed to a Backup Exec
> file, the server has been running well when BE is unloaded.

> After posting to Veritas and Novell we came up with ...
>
> Sounds like you're being hit with a new exploit that's floating around
> for this BackupExec vulnerability:

I don't know about that, since the vulnerability is in BE for Windows servers....

Since the NLM the abend log points to is the remote workstation backup, is it possible that one of the clients you back up has
become infected with something that's causing the server to crash when its backup starts?  Does the abend happen at the same time
of day every time?  See if you can determine if one of the clients is scheduled for that time and you might have your culprit.

Kim Geiger
Information Technologist
MSU Broadcasting Services
538 Communication Arts & Sciences Building
East Lansing, MI 48824 - 1212
517-432-9527 x 429