On 17 Jan 2005 at 19:15, Samone E. Jones wrote:

> I'm working on an OLD novell server that I'm going to replace with a
> Windows server -it's dated back to 1995 I've got to find out the
> version of Novell and determine the current capacity of the databases
> residing on it.
>
> I have no clue how the interface is going to look - I don't know if
> the Novell is DOS driven or not. Currently there is a copy of SQL
> Anywhere version 5.5 that is OPEN - and yes it is DOS driven - I'm
> kind of hesitant to close it - to get to the Novell desktop.
>
> I'm wondering if I close the DOS window for SQL Anywhere, will it
> break or mess up the database connections and how will I get it back
> up and running again - the database is still in production.
>
> This Novell server is running a Razor's Edge database version 6 or
> below.

Try Alt-F1 to cycle through the various Netware screens without closing any of them.
Once you get to the screen called command console (I think that's what you see
across the top), you should see a prompt.  Type ver to get the version.  It's certainly
no newer than 4.11.

Kim Geiger
Broadcasting Services