At 02:04 PM 1/11/2005, Chris Wolf wrote:
>At 01:26 PM 1/11/2005, John Gorentz wrote:
>>There are more and more things on the web that I just can't read with Internet Explorer.
>
>Well, if you insist on using an inferior browser what do you expect? <grin>. However, even in IE there is a setting that takes care of this in most cases.
>
>Go to Internet Options and on the General tab click on Accessibility.  Select the option called "Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages".  With this option chosen, you can then use the View, TextSize choices to control the size of text.  I tried it on the WebProNews site you mention, and it works there just as it has on every other site where I've tried it.

Oh, *that* accessibility tab.  I had many times gone looking at accessibility options when people had mentioned them, but not in that exact place.    Of all the times I've complained about this (sometimes even in a nice tone of voice) you're the first person to point to the correct solution.

At first I thought I had a whole nother rant, because when I changed it, it also changed the fonts on my Eudora.   But now I've gone back and forth and haven't been able to repeat the effect.  I'll gladly accept a one-time glitch.

I hate to say it, but now, with this option, IE is easier to deal with in this regard than Opera.

Thanks!

John Gorentz