Hello, and my apologies if someone else has already responded:

http://www.sharpsystems.com/customer_support/

I think your first bet might be to contact Sharp Systems America and
give them the serial number and make/model of the laptop, and find out
if it is covered for any kind of warranty service in the US.  They have
an online form you can submit for contact, or call 1-800-BE-SHARP and
see if they can connect you.  They may be able to tell you where the
nearest authorized service provider is that can work on the laptop.  If
it's under warranty, they may also be able to send you parts and
instructions (in English) to fix the unit.

If the model has an external monitor port, have you tried just hooking
it up to a monitor to see if the OS is still booting properly?  Just a
thought... Good Luck.

John A. Resotko
Head of Systems Administration
Michigan State University College of Law
208 Law College Building
East Lansing, MI  48824-1300
email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 517-432-6836
Fax: 517-432-6861

>>> "Adell Flourry, Jr." <[log in to unmask]> 12/28/2004 6:35:16 AM >>>
I have been asked to look at a Sharp laptop (Japanese).  The professor
(I will not give his name) accidentally shorted the USB connector and
now it appears the high voltages have been suppressed.  At any rate,
the
LCD is totally black, you can hear the hard drive spin up and that is
all.  The website that supports this laptop is in Japanese so it is
not
much help for me since I only read and speak english, somewhat :-).
Does anyone know where I can take this to have it checked out or can
offer suggestions and/or help?

Thanks,

--
Adell Flourry, Jr.