We have a setup very similar to this using Eudora for our graduate student computer lab. The only difference is that we use local profiles, but store their data (including mail) in their "home" folder on our server.  They can access their Eudora mail from any workstation in the lab and it gets backed up from the server's hard drive to tape.

What was it that you were unable to get to work?

At 08:37 AM 12/16/2004, Troy Murray wrote:
>Here at the lab that I work for on campus, I support at least three
>users that perfered using Eudora to access their e-mail.  We also have
>a Windows 2003 AD network with XP Pro clients and roaming profiles for
>the users.  We needed to have the mail backed up to our server at night
>as well as have the users be able to access their mail from a different
>workstation if needed.  I wasn't able to get this to work with Eudora
>but was able to get it to work with Thunderbird.

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017