At 07:31 PM 12/13/2004, Ray Hernandez wrote:
>       Really though, it isn't as if we would be forced to use it. It was only
>presented as an alternative to the mailing list. I can't see why giving
>nag members an alternative form of collaboration is such a bad thing.

When you go to newsgroups, you often hear participants being chided about asking for replies off-line.   The logic is this:  If the questioners are asking people in the group to take the time from their busy days to help, they should be willing to go to the newsgroup to read the replies.  It's by keeping the information where *everyone* can benefit that the newsgroup is maintained as a valuable resource.   It usually works out OK there, because the people who know the answers are often people who refuse to reply off-line.

I see the same sort of thing going on here.   If some people elect to go off-line to a chatroom (so to speak) with their queries, only the few will benefit, and the value of MSUNAG will go down.

John Gorentz