I have seen over 10 systems in my department that have Netdde32, Netropa NHK Server, and Dameware installed as windows services.  I have used netstat –a –o and it shows a foreign IP address using these services.  I ran a trace on the address and it was coming from out-of-state.    I know Dameware is a remote connection program.

These services seem to install an icon on the taskbar, prevent the network card from getting an IP address from the DHCP server.   I have no idea how the system was comprised.

Does anyone know what these services do?  Netdde32 seems to work on port 2255.

I have renamed the administrator account, changed its password and blocked the ports affected.  I removed or disabled the windows services.  I removed any exe that were created during the hacking period.  There are no events in the event log, but anyone can remove them.   Does anyone recommend anything else?  I know I should format these systems.

Thanks

Andrew McCormack