I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing DNS lookup problems after
applying this patch (KB834707)?

I have 3 computers here that have been affected, they are all XP with
SP2. After the patch is applied, lookups by hostname usually fail (for
ping, mail, web). It still works to use numeric IP addresses.

One of computers had a system restore point, going back to before the
patch fixed it.

Just had a response from Microsoft, they want me to un-install the
patch, un-install SP2 and re-apply. I will try that, but one of the
systems is fresh from the manufacturer with SP2, so I'm not too hopeful
this will help.

-John

PS - almost all my other clients are Win2000, they seem to be
unaffected.