Hello

1)  I'm having some trouble with IIS 6 and Access databases with web
applications.  Even though I have given the Internet Guest Account
write/read access to both the MDB file and its directory, I still get
errors such as Cannot update. Database or object is read-only., or other
such errors.  Extensive googling has revealed that most of these
problems are cleared up by giving the IUSR Internet Guest account write
and read to both the MDB and the directory which contains it, which
doesn't clear up the problem.  Any other ideas?  The MDB's aren't set
for read only or anything like that.  I have even tried giving
'everyone' read/write temporarily, but no luck.

2)  Our old website configuration had our database files (again
access/mdb) outside of our wwwroot, but for the life of me I could not
get our web applications to even read these mdbs unless they were inside
our WWWROOT structure.  Nothing critical (just some personal calendars),
but I'd like to keep this security by keeping them outside of the
wwwroot.  Again, I have the IUSR read (and write for those ones that
need it), no luck.

3) Why is it that even though you make changes to files with IIS 6 that
sometimes it takes a reboot to flush them out, and sometimes that isn't
even enough?  Is there a way to flush out IIS so it sees the changes
I've made?  (I've tried starting and stopping IIS, rebooting, etc).

PM
James Madison