> This problem does not appear to have been resolved.  I am not able to get
> any results from the person search box on www.msu.edu.  I tried IE and
> Netscape.  This is usually a really useful service.  Who should be contacted
> about this?

I noticed the problem this morning, and filed a problem report on the LDAP
server, thinking that this is where the problem was located.  I received a
reply later, stating that the problem with LDAP had been corrected, and my
search replies improved from non-existent to 30-45 seconds.  However, I'm
seeing similar slowdowns and lack of response this afternoon, and general
searches are also slow.

The problem is now listed on the ACNS System Status page:

https://contact.cl.msu.edu/status/status_detail.php?id=000000000000422

Doug

Doug Nelson, Network Manager             |  [log in to unmask]
Academic Computing and Network Services  |  Ph: (517) 353-2980
Michigan State University                |  http://www.msu.edu/~nelson/