Richard,

I had developed a system that I think meets most of your requirements
for Michelle Torres in the Teacher Education department of the College
of Education.  The system would pull a set of data from SISINFO on a
nightly basis with the latest information from the college's registrar.
The users could then search for their students assigned to the various
"teams" within the TE department and see the courses taken, grades and
instructors.  Major and minor were also included in this information.

Because of the sensitivity of the data, I cannot provide you an example
to show you, however, Michelle may be able to if you wanted to visit
with her to examine the system.  Unfortunately the funding was cut as we
were at 85% of the second revision, so some of the more advanced
searching/sorting/filtering wasn't finished completely, but the basic
functionality and design is there.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-t

Firman III, Richard wrote:

>Has anyone developed a system (or know of one) that enables the office staff to check whether students have all the pre-reqs required in order to take a class.
>
>Actually what we are looking for is a system that will allow the office staff see a list of all the students enrolled in a class, and an indicator that differentiates between those that have the pre-reqs (previous classes, class level, major code) and those that do not.
>
>Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Richard Firman
>Information Technologist
>Eli Broad College of Business

Troy Murray