I'm having a bizarre problem with a 6,000 record access database.  Once
in a great while, one record gets corrupted so badly that you cannot:
edit it, delete it, compact the database, or repair the database,and it
just causes Access to hang if you try to compact it.  The record in
question causes various errrors such as 'unable to find index', and when
you quit out of the record it asks to continue running scripts.  Yes,
and the record stays on the screen, and if you press no, it errors out
and hangs.  The record itself has weird characters in it. (Access 2000).

Last time this happened, I used a hex editor and zeroed out the problem
record, and was able to repair the database with only losing a few
records.  Does anyone have any idea:  a)  why this DB is getting
corrupted (multi user environment), and b)  a better way of getting the
problem record out?

PM - James Madison College.