Hello

Where I work, just about everyone uses POP, which is not really useful
for multiple location logins, so I've been migrating all willing people
to IMAP (most use 'leave a copy of messages on the server' with POP).

While moving some messages over, there was an unfortunate incident where
the user had a large attachment in her sent folder (32 meg), which
filled up her quota and Outlook Express kept on moving the messages
anyway, wiping out half her sent box.  Thankfully she was nice about it.

My questions are:

Can a soft limit be implemented in mail.msu.edu so that in times of a
quota overage, the system will give you a short time period to correct
the problem (say 24-72 hours).
Can a system be implemented where the user is notified that their
mailbox is filling up, or is full, that the user receives an email?
Many people ask me how to check if there box is full, and having to
login to mail.msu.edu to check isn't the best solution.