Hello Network admins.
       If your department uses data acqusition software please consider this offer.
        Sorry if this sounds like an advertisement but I think this is worth the bother.   I have no financial stake in this other than wishing to have access to the software.
        The Labtech software line is being offered on a special closeout deal.  If anyone on campus buys one copy for $500.00   Then everyone on campus will have an unlimited  perpetual license to use it.   This is good general purpose data acquisition software.  I hope that someone will purchase a copy so that we can all have access to it. Just to remind you,  MSU already has a campus wide site license for the National Instruments Labview product line.   Contact Brian Wright or Barb Pollack for access to the Labview software.   Labview is more versatile and powerful but more difficult to learn and use.   The Labtech software would be great for quick simple projects.   Even thought it is being discontinued I believe the campus could get at least 5 years of good use out of the software in it present condition.
         Please let me know if you would be willing to purchase or help purchase a copy that we could all  share.
Labtech home website: http://www.labtech.com
Suggested purchase location: http://www.measurementcomputing.com/cbicatalog/directory.asp?dept%5Fid=358&top%5Fid=15&dept%5Fname=Application+Package+Listing
Thanks
Cliff