At 10:50 AM 8/12/2004, Peter J Murray wrote:
>Can a system be implemented where the user is notified that their
>mailbox is filling up, or is full, that the user receives an email?
>Many people ask me how to check if there box is full, and having to
>login to mail.msu.edu to check isn't the best solution.

I agree that this is one of the biggest drawbacks to IMAP.  I'm surprised that the IMAP specs didn't include a standard way for the client and server to communicate about quotas and usage, so the user would always know their status.

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017