One of my Mac OS X users used to be able to connect to a Windows NT 4 Server.   From what he has said he did not update any software whatsoever, after the SMB connection was working and before we realized it is not.  Now this user gets a 36 error when trying to connect to that server.  Windows Machines can readily connect to the server with no problem, and the Mac Machine used to until a short while ago.

I have tried connecting using the IP and the host name and neither work.    I have searched Apple’s website and they indicate 36 is an error one typically gets using WEBDAV and not SMB protocol.

Has anybody out there seen this problem?    What did you do to fix it?

Lee

Lee Duynslager

Information Technologist

Integrated Plant Systems