I need to implement a backup system my department.   Does anyone have any experience/advise on how to do a backup system?   I am thinking of just doing a file backup instead of system backup because I would not have enough space to store entire system images.   Would you recommend a system wide backup or just a file backup?   What type of software is good to use with backups?   I probably need something that can be installed on the users desktop and can be run automatically without intervention.   I will probably use windows 2000 server as the OS to host the backup.

I need to support up to 70 users.   All the desktops have windows XP or windows 98.    I am interested mainly in the software and backup strategies people have used for there departments.

Thanks

Andrew McCormack