This is such a common question!  If you search from the MSU home page
for "change address" or variants you'll find a Pathfinder with steps.
Do you thiink if we added the information on the People Search results
screen it would help?

The short answer is:  faculty/staff work with their departmental
office, and students with the Registrar's Office, to change or
restrict directory info,

As it happens this week a memo urging faculty/staff to check their own
entry went out to departmentally-assigned address administrators.
Yours should have forwarded it to all departmental staff so you can
make sure your listing is fixed before the printed faculty/staff
directory goes to press.

You can find FSRA, the official faculty/staff/retiree directory, whose
URL is not memorable, from www.msu.edu by searching for "faculty
directory" or from the Quicklinks drop-down at www.msu.edu.  FSRA lets
you log in to change or restrict your home contact info.

Here is the memo:

Notice to all Address Administrators:

July 15th is the deadline to update business  and personal information
for the 2004-05 Faculty/Staff Directory.

 Please remind the employees in your unit of the following:

 Have you moved or changed your phone number recently?  Remember you
are responsible for updating this personal information in the online
Addressing System.  The alphabetical listing found in the front of the
F/S Directory will be taken directly from the new online
Faculty/Staff/Retiree Address System.

If there is a problem with your business information, please see one
of the address administrators in your unit.

 Access the address system at the following:

https://ntweb1.ais.msu.edu/fsra/AppLogin.Asp?LoginType=manual

Bookmark this site (or make it a favorite) because  the online system
is realtime and business addresses, phone numbers and email addresses
are available on all faculty/staff.  Personal information can be
restricted.

/rich