I've done a casual search and not found any.
In the library we have a number of faculty and grad student carrels. They all have netlink connections. Occasionally a faculty member complains up and down the various chains of pass the complaint that the carrel connections are not working. We test them and invariably find the patron has a bad cable or has not registered their notebook or laptop with the DHCP server. We end up - mutely - on the receiving end of "well it worked from home so it must be your fault" arguments.

So, I'm seeking Cat-5, or better, jacks with indicator lights showing when the connection is live. Has anyone seen such a thing?

Thanks.

Don Bosman
Information Technologist
Michigan State University, Libraries