> We have a number of accounts that will probably be in this situation.  Most
> of them work for us (and are located) out of state, and don't really need
> MichNet dialup.  However, they do use Merit Global and Merit 800 on
> occasion.  Will they still be eligible for these services, without
> separately signing up for paid MichNet access?

That's a good question.  I will check into this and get back to you.  As the
system currently stands, I believe they would lose their access unless the
new $8/month fee is also paid, but that could change before the June 23
expiration of service.

Doug

Doug Nelson, Network Manager             |  [log in to unmask]
Academic Computing and Network Services  |  Ph: (517) 353-2980
Michigan State University                |  http://www.msu.edu/~nelson/