Andrew,

I am not as well versed in sysprep 1.2 (winXP), but from what you
explained it sounds simlar to an inaccessible boot device error you get
with win2k.  Do the both systems have the same IDE controller?

Stephen Bogdanski           Network Support, MSU-CVM
Michigan State University  [log in to unmask]
A227 VetMed Center         Phone:          (517) 353-5551
East Lansing, MI 48824     Fax:              (517) 432-2937

>>> "Mccormack, Andrew" <[log in to unmask]> 05/25/04 04:12PM

I decided to use sysprep/ghost to make an image of Windows XP.

I did not remove any settings/hardware before I ran sysprep.

1. ran sysprep with -pnp and -reseal option.
2. System shutdown and I use my ghost boot disk
3. Created an image of the hard drive
4. I restarted the system, I ran sysprep on.

I burned the ghost images to a 6 CDR disk. I also copied then to an
USB
external drive.

I decided to test the ghost images on a similar but not identical
machine.
The hardware was slightly different, but had the same type of CPU.

After I loaded the ghost images, the system rebooted.  Now when I try
load XP, the system will not boot.  (The screen is black and there is
no
response).  I can not boot using safe mode either.  The system will not
boot
into any mode of windows XP.  I waited four hours for the computer to
load
XP.  I tried using the recovery console commands fixboot and chkdsk.
Nothing works.  I can probably run a repair, but have not tried it.

Do you have any idea of what could be causing the problem?