At 08:16 PM 5/26/2004, Scott G Thomas wrote:
>The e-mail was sent to dial-up customers and kept simple to minimize
>confusion. It stated that, if purchased, it would cost a $20 setup fee and
>$8.00 a month (which is correct).

But it seems to me this really isn't correct.  Since the message in question was sent to dial-up customers, we know that they already have NetIDs.  If one of them qualifies as affiliated, they can re-subscribe to dial-up service for $7/month and $10 for setup.  I agree that the message should have been kept simple, but it seems as though the message actually caused confusion by quoting a price that applies to a different group (those who have no NetID).  I know, because I already had to explain this to someone yesterday.

One more question: the statement about who is considered affiliated is (probably purposely) vague--"An MSU affiliate in this context is any individual or group which is engaged in programmatic collaboration with an official MSU unit or program."  I would assume that any NetID which is purchased using an MSU account number would be considered an affiliate.  Can you confirm this? Thanks.

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017