I've been thinking about what to do for anti-virus protection when our
Symantec AV license runs out in July. Sophos is an option that I
explored a few years back, but lost interest in after the campus NAV
license was established.

Now it seems that Sophos has more competitive pricing, so I plan on
evaluating that in May. But I wanted to bring this to the group's
attention now, for people that may be farther along in the order
process.   www.sophos.com has a free download for evaluation.

-John

The sales rep implied that pricing would get better for larger
quantities.  Here is a cut from a price quote:
Sophos Anti-Virus (SAV) for 500 Computers (not to exceed 50 servers)

Product     Subscription Term       QTY           Unit Price      Total
             Cost per Year
SAV             1 year                 500      $7.00               $3,500.00      $3,500.00
SAV             2 year                 500      $10.50              $5,250.00      $2,100.00*
SAV             3 year                 500      $14.00              $7,000.00      $1,866.65*

*Note: 2- year subscription includes 6 additional months at no charge
for a total term of 30 months
*Note: 3- year subscription includes 9 additional months at no charge
for a total term of 45 months

And a quote from a Sophos sales rep: