In case there is anyone like myself runnig the Guinevere antivirus scanner for Groupwise servers, there is a switch for stopping password protected .ZIP files.  This was passed on to me by one of my technicians who monitors the Guinevere discussion list.

Guinevere has protected against password protected zip files with an option in the decompression engine settings section.  Apparently, version 2.0.14 introduced Block Corrupt Zip Files flag and turned the option on by default.  As a bug it also blocked password protected zips. When you upgrade to 2.0.15, it will pass password protected zips, unless you select the option in the decompression engine to block them.  There may be additional information in the product documentation or support website on this issue.   FYI

John A. Resotko
Head of Systems Administration
MSU - Detroit College of Law
208 Law College Building