At 03:34 PM 3/25/2004, STeve Andre' wrote:
>Given that Eudora has this problem I think its pretty safe to say
>that most email clients around here are having this problem.

Actually after doing some testing, it appears to me that Eudora 6.0.1 handles this properly.  I've made test messages in Eudora addressed to "[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]" and "[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]".  In either case, sending fails, but the message in Eudora's error window makes it clear that [log in to unmask] is the culprit.  I'm not sure what others were seeing with Eudora that confused them, but it works as it should for me in this case.

>What changed Monday night such that this problem cropped up?

Pilot was shut down.  The problem is occurring when messages are addressed to accounts whose owners did not convert them before the shutdown.

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017