Do you suppose anyone has used your utility to name their dog?  :-)

Best practices in password management can be a pretty complicated
subject.  I think Bill raises a good point, that if you force people
into using passwords that meet all the criteria for being hard to
attack guess, then you end up with other undesirable results (e.g.
writing the password down on a piece of paper that stays next to
your computer).

/rich