I don't know if this is old business or not, but I thought it would be
worth to ask.

I noticed that emails sent from an @msu.edu address to an @aol.com
address are bounced, with this message as part of the header:

... while talking to mailin-02.mx.aol.com.:
<<< 554-(RLY:B1)  The information presently available to AOL indicates this
<<< 554-server is generating high volumes of member complaints from AOL's
<<< 554-member base.  Based on AOL's Unsolicited Bulk E-mail policy at
<<< 554-http://www.aol.com/info/bulkemail.html AOL may not accept further
<<< 554-e-mail transactions from this server or domain.  For more
information,
<<< 554 please visit http://postmaster.info.aol.com.

Is there anything to do about it? Or we just get used to not sending
emails to folks affiliated with AOL.

--
Oscar Castaneda
Center for Global Change and Earth Observations