Is there any method to check what viruses mail.msu.edu is catching?
Maybe a webpage that is updated as the definitions for ClamAV are updated.

This one is also called Novarg or Mimail-R. I see at
http://project.mail.msu.edu/~rrdtool/malmail.html that Mimail-J was
filtered out yesterday, so I'm hoping this variant will be caught soon.

I used to forward these messages to my users, if it was a popular virus.
  But with ClamAV as part of the mail system, I won't bother anymore.

And from Tim Potter's message earlier:
> Any chance the mail.msu.edu server AV defs can get updated ASAP?
>
> Below is a typical example of what we're seeing.  The usual file extensions 'scr', 'pif', 'zip', etc.

I would vote for just killing any .scr and .pif -- who the heck has ever
wanted to send one of those as an attachment? Maybe .exe could go too?

-John