Please forward to anyone in your area who has responsibility for
an MSU Web presence -- both content and server folks.

We've set up an announcement Listserv for MSU Webmasters.  To
join the list, please send mail to:

The mail should include a line that looks like this:

 subscribe webmasters Jane Doe

This will be a low-volume, announcement-only list. (Joseph T Vandeventer
has set up an MSU Webmasters discussion area in ANGEL.)

If you have any problems subscribing please drop me a note.

_____

I've reserved the International Center Library (formerly Con-Con Room)
for a Webmasters meeting on December 2.  Topics we've identified
so far are:

-- Overview of new Web site for MSU Webmasters.  This new site will
provide guidelines and usable elements (headers and footers with
ready-to-use logos) for use by MSU Webmasters for official MSU sites.
It will also have pointers to resources on accessibility, usability,
visibility, and best practices.

-- Information about LIFT Desktop and LIFT Machine.  MSU has
acquired these tools and we are in the process of setting up
a distribution mechanism (Desktop) and authorization scheme
(Machine).

-- Pick preferred dates and times for January and future meetings,
and discuss topics for next few meetings.  (Unfortunately this
month a NAG meeting happened to get scheduled on a day I'd
reserved; folks have suggested that we plan on monthly meetings
and pick a regular day, e.g. the 3rd Friday each month.)

-- Discuss whether we like ANGEL as our between-meeting online
discussion medium; choose an alternative if not.

-- "Open Mike" question and answer period

This will probably be a brief meeting unless other topics come up. If
you can't make the meeting, please join the mailing list where we'll
post a summary.

____

/rich