One of our staff sent out this alert to our office.  Has anyone else rec'd any of these new files?  If not, you might want to be on the alert and make sure your NAV servers are up to date (11/17 rev.22 appears is the latest for NAVCE 7.6.1).
Tim

Staff:

A "new" virus alert:  I received an e-mail message from < [log in to unmask] > indicating that my "account" was about to expire.  It had an attachment with a file name of  w**.paypal.com.pif  (note: ** are deleted 'ww's, this looks like a web site)  This is a virus file that was not caught by our office virus software (apparently a new virus mutation).   (See text of the message below; attached file was deleted)

Clues for this (and any virus):   ANY file or clickable link with extensions of *.com, *.pif, *.scr are actually "executable" files that are machine instructions to do damage to your machine.  Also, I do not have an account with Pay Pal, and this is the second message I've received in as many days.

>Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:06:36 -0500
>From: "PayPal.com" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: IMPORTANT                                           wvnwwipw
>

>Dear PayPal member,
>
>We regret to inform you that your account is about to be expired in next five business days. To avoid suspension of your account you have to reactivate it by providing us with your personal information.
>
>To update your personal profile and continue using PayPal services you have to run the attached application to this email. Just run it and follow the instructions.
>
>IMPORTANT! If you ignore this alert, your account will be suspended in next five business days and you will not be able to use PayPal anymore.
>
>Thank you for using PayPal.
>

>wvnwwipw

Tim Potter
Information Officer