Prior to openrelay.msu.edu creation pilot.msu.edu relayed from an wide
range of domains  AOL reacted to that and blocked us.
After openrelay.msu.edu was created the domains that pilot would relay
from was tightened down considerably.

The current troubles with AOL however relates to pilot.msu.edu. Mailing
directly from Twig or telnet will fail if you are on a blocked pilot
server. As AOL detects spam or virus coming from a particular pilot
server that server gets blocked. Eventually all 30 of our pilot servers
could end up on AOL's list.
/sd

--
Steve Devine <[log in to unmask]>