Several times today I've received a small, yellow popup window in the
lower right of my Win2000 Pro desktop. It claims to be from Symantec,
saying that realtime file protection has been disabled. And looking at
the settings in SAV, it is turned off. (I turn it back on each time).

I don't recall ever seeing this notice before, but also never turn off
the realtime scans.  And I'm certainly not doing anything to turn it off
on purpose.  My system is current with all the patches, except for
MS03-040 which was just released over the weekend.

Any ideas?   thanks!
-John

PS - I was reading email & browsing the web with Mozilla 1.3x when I
received the popups. Generally no other applications were open.