At 11:55 AM 10/21/2003, Rich Wiggins wrote:
>The solution for Pilot users who can't get mail through to
>AOL correspondents is to upgrade to mail.msu.edu.

Let me add a clarification--It isn't necessary to "upgrade to mail.msu.edu"
in order to send mail through the mail.msu.edu SMTP server.  Anyone who has
an MSU NetID can set up their mail client software to send mail via
mail.msu.edu while continuing to receive mail from pilot.msu.edu.  We have
set up several computers this way, and it works fine.  You get the
advantages of the authenticated SMTP mail server even if you're not ready
to convert your whole mailbox and incoming mail to the new server.

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017