> I have an MSU DSL connection, hence a 35.11.x.x IP address.  Sometime =
> within the last few days, Outlook in corporate mode has stopped working =
> for me.  I get prompted for a password, and then after a l-o-n-g pause, =
> I'm told my Exchange Server is unavailable.  I'm then prompted to work =
> offline, retry or cancel.  I've checked with Health Team IS (who manage =
> the Exchange Server) and am told that they have changed nothing =
> recently, and that the server is working fine.  What's the status of =
> campus port blocking?  Any idea why I can no longer use Outlook in =
> corporate mode?  I have users complaining about this too.

That would be a router change made around noon on Friday.  I made a blanket
change to the ICMP (ping) blocking for residence halls at that time on Friday,
and this caught the ACD router as well, by virtue of the 35.11.x.x IP
addresses.  In addition to the ICMP blocking, port 135 was blocked.

I have removed these blocks now for ACD, so Outlook should be functional again.

Doug

Doug Nelson                     [log in to unmask]
Network Manager                 Ph: (517) 353-2980
Computer Laboratory             http://www.msu.edu/~nelson/
Michigan State University