From: "Bosman, Don" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Margaret Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 6:17 PM
Subject: RE: Re: MSU Internet Access Problems?

ACD has fiber to campus, efectively making them a segment on 'our' network,
so they should be able to ping the gateway. You should have been able to
ping via your ACD/MSU account, but not through ACD's own network. Since
Traceroute uses pings it shouldn't be working from off campus either.

Perhaps it is a conspiricy to keep all the tech talent on campus by denying
access from home to fix and check up on the network? I'd bet you were
wondering why that cot was delivered, weren't you?  B-)

Maybe you could microwave into the clinical center's dish?

Don Bosman
Information Technologist
Michigan State University Libraries
517-432-6123  ext 233