This appears to be a bug in Eudora that causes it to crash when receiving
messages with malformed or non-standard headers.  It happens not only with
the Sobig virus, but with certain other messages as well.  What version of
Eudora are your users running?  We have found that 5.2 and 6.0 are less
likely to have trouble with this, although I'm not sure they have
completely solved it.

At 08:38 AM 9/29/2003, Adell Flourry, Jr. wrote:
>Hi:
>
>A number of  FCE Faculty and Staff and received email from "BigBoss."
>The workstation does not get infected (NAV corp) but the user can not
>get new email if they are using Eudora.  This may be true for other
>email clients as well.  What I have done is to go to the email server
>(pilot/mail) and deleted the email.  The user now receives new email.
>
>Is this the only solution or has someone figured another way to prevent
>this from happening in the first place?

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017