 > I suspect that one of the reasons the ACD DSL service is better is
 > because there are more customers on the MSU IP's than the ACD IP's.
 > Or perhaps ACD has an easier time contacting their customers which are
 > infected (MUCH smaller user base).  For the record, yesterday evening,
 > my monitor picked up 4 infected computers in ACD's East Lansing
 > territory.  That's apparently more than enough to swamp the network.

For what it's worth, on Tuesday evening I examined the blaster/welchia
like worm traffic I could see from my MSU/ACD DSL connection.  There
were two machines exhibiting symptoms.  They were generating on the
order of 7000 ARP packets per minute.  For comparison, the ACD router
was generating something on the order of 270 ARPs per minute for
presumably legitimate business.

Over the weekend, I was seeing four infected machines.

Right now, things seem pretty good: no worm-like behavior, and pretty
good performance.

De