We have a two-year-old Xerox/Tektronix Phaser 2135DT, which is actually an
LED printer.  It's a huge beast, weighing over 140 pounds and a footprint
bigger than two feet on each side.  It can handle paper up to A3 (just
smaller than 11x17) and does automatic duplexing.

It has lots of consumable supplies, including toner, drums, fusers and
transfer belts.  It was purchased primarily to print a large survey and got
a tremendous workout in the first few months, printing over 100,000
pages.  We had some trouble with it because we were just getting familiar
with it, learning which supplies had to be replaced when, and what a
particular symptom might indicate.  I haven't worked much with it directly,
but those using it seemed satisfied with its quality and speed (rated at 21
pages per minute in color, extremely fast at the time).

At 05:08 PM 9/24/2003, Lee Duynslager wrote:
>Anybody have any comments or experiences with Faster Higher Capacity Laser
>Printers, Say 5500 or 9500 Series HP?
>
>Any experiences with brands other than HP?
>
>Lee
>

>Lee Duynslager
>Information Technologist
>Integrated Plant Systems
>Michigan State University
>
>(517) 432-5296

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017