Oh, man - I unleashed a firestorm with my AFS/drive mapping question, eh? Well, I learned what I needed to know - that whatever is going on appears to be systemic in some manner, and not something that's just plaguing me.

I, too, checked my plain text password setting in the registry, and it was still present and enabled, so that's not the source of the problem. And as of mere moments ago, drive mapping from my trusty Phys Plant workstation, right here on this very MSU campus, still doesn't function.

This isn't a show stopper, I guess, as I can always use FTP. But that MS drive mapping is kinda convenient, and I miss it.

Rich - any chance you can pursue this and find out what's going on here, maybe even initiate a fix with the right folks?

Thanks,

John Fishbeck
MSU Physical Plant Computer Systems
Physical Plant Bldg, Ste 1