Important message to all campus system and network administrators:

We are experiencing a high volume of Microsoft network scans, coming
from over 450 computer systems on the campus network.  In order to
speed up the process of contacting system administrators, the list
of IP addresses has been posted.

Please review the following site for systems under your control:

  http://network.msu.edu/msu/portscan.html

Also included are pointers to several resources which may aid in
controlling and removing the viruses/worms involved in these port
scans.

The list of IP addresses will be revised later today, as we gain
further information on the level of port scanning on the campus
network.

Doug Nelson                     [log in to unmask]
Network Manager                 Ph: (517) 353-2980
Computer Laboratory             http://www.msu.edu/~nelson/
Michigan State University