Mel Micke wrote:

>A nice solution to AFS access off campus is to use the OpenAFS client
>available at http://openafs.org/ . I have a copy of the windows 2000/XP
>version at http://www.msu.edu/software/win9x/openAFS/ . I just started
>using it recently so I do not have it on a published web site.  I
>checked with Doug and Joe and they are not blocking the ports for it
>because of this weeks problems.
>
>- Mel

Thanks for this, Mel!

Any hints on how to connect to my home directory using this client?

I tried downloading the software from your link, when I ran it, it
claimed it was damaged. Rather than duplicate the steps, I went to the
openafs.org site. Their latest clients don't show a Windows version in
the table at the top, but it is listed at the bottom. It's claimed to be
18MB, but the file I got shows up as 12,482KB. It did install.

http://openafs.org/release/latest.html

I decided to use the cell name "msu.edu".  I'm apparently connected to a
path called \afs\msu.edu\valenti
That shows up as a 2TB drive, about 50% full in Windows Explorere. But
if I browse into it, nothing shows.

Thanks for any suggestions.
-John