   I just got a ThinkPad in today which I haven't seen in a long
time.  I've brought it up to SP4 and the kb832980 level, and
then went online with it to apply the other patches via windows
update.

   I had to go to the dhcp registration page.  Fine, that made sense
so I did that.

   But now, I'm still redirected to the dhcp site when I try to run
wupdmgr.exe (windows update).  I conclude that something
thinks the machine is infected.

   Am I missing somewhere that talks about this?  Have I found
a problem that needs to be addressed?  At this point I have a
user who is not completely up to date, and I really don't want
to give them the compuer back 'till I am completely there...  So
am I missing something (again) ? ;-)

--STeve Andre' (Political Science)