Eudora Pro 4.2 can retrieve mail successfully as a POP client.  I haven't
tested anything older, or any of the Lite versions.  Since nothing prior to
5.2.1.1 can send through mail.msu.edu, all Eudora users will have to
upgrade to a new version before Pilot goes away.  Our plan is to wait for
the next official release of Eudora, and upgrade all our copies and convert
them to mail.msu.edu at that time.

At 09:47 AM 3/25/2003, you wrote:
>I've been able to get Eudora 5.2 Lite to read and send mail.  Older versions
>of Eudora (e.g Eudora Lite 3.0) can send using pilot.msu.edu as the SMTP
>server but can not get mail from mail.msu.edu as the POP3 server.I think it
>has to do with the secure sockets setting.
>A lot of my users are using older versions.
>
>Any ideas?
>Thanks
>Cheryl
>
>Cheryl Akers, MS, CNA - [log in to unmask]
>Microcomputer Support - Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
>2228C Biomedical Physical Sciences
>Michigan State University
>East Lansing, MI  48824
>
>517-355-6463 X1514

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017