Sysprep is very usefull. I would start with that and make sure you have all the
hardware redetect and plug and play options set up. I would also start using
something like ghost and make all your software ai packages so when you do get
a new system all you have to do is install windows then push the packages to
it. This is save many hours of watching progress bars.

Ideally microsoft wanted sysprep to work on any machine that was scsi to scsi
or ide to ide so there should be a way that you can get your image to work but
most likely you wil run into problems down the road with strange crashing and
things like that. You might want to do scripted installs instead of images too.
This will aloow you to install win2000 on any machine not matter what because
it is going through the whole install process each time but having everything
answered for you.

Try some of these things, I'm sure one or two of them will work for you!

Nicholas Zeidler
Net Admin
CCAS --